“I follow rivers”
This piece is a personal exploration of the perceived/false distinction that exists between humanity and nature, as well as coming to terms with the mortality of the natural world.
Tessa Ellie Schmidt
9 min 56 sec
Anchorage International Film Festival
The Sitka Whalefest Cinefest— won Alaska Ocean Observing System film contest: creative category
“Nature Love Stories”
The ocean is our backyard and its creatures aren’t hidden in the depths and darkness of the sea. Whales, seals and many others are experiencing their life just like us, they rely oxygen just like we do, they sing, they love they dance and cry just like we do.
Through sharing stories of nature, we seek to highlight the creatures of the ocean and our shared experience of life. Using video and sound, we share nature love stories and explore the human connection to the environment with the aim to encourage individuals to venture into their own backyards, both above and below the water.
3 min 2 sec
“Le tombeau des épuisés”
On the frigate Hermione, a tale retraces the links that unite migratory birds to sailors.
5 min 44 s
- Festival International Nature Namur, 2018 (Belgique)
- Festival International du Film Ornithologique Ménigoute, 2018 (France)
- Festival Fredd, 2019 (France)
- Retours du Monde – Festival de Films de voyage et d’aventure vécue, 2019 (France)
- Festival Nature Ain Hauteville-Lompnes, 2019 (France)
- Conservation Optimism Summit 2019, 2019
- Festival Film Bahari, 2019 (Indonésie)
- Aspen Mountain Film Festival, 2019 (Colorado, US)
- Festival du Film Vert – Orbe, 2019 (France)